Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Mother's Day..







By Miles….


You are far from me..


By thoughts You are close to me..


By Hearts..


You are in me….




I cannot remember my mother....


I cannot remember my mother
only sometimes in the midst of my play
a tune seems to hover over my playthings,
the tune of some song that she used to
hum while rocking my cradle.



I cannot remember my mother
but when in the early autumn morning
the smell of the shiuli flowers floats in the air
the scent of the morning service in the temple
comes to me as the scent of my mother.


I cannot remember my mother
only when from my bedroom window I send
my eyes into the blue of the distant sky,
I feel that the stillness of
my mother's gaze on my face
has spread all over the sky.

By Rabindranath Tagore from Shishu Bholanath

No comments:

Post a Comment