Friday, March 26, 2010

The Evening was Lonely....





The Evening was Lonely.....

The evening was lonely for me, and I was reading a book till my
heart became dry, and it seemed to me that beauty was a thing fashioned by the traders in words. Tired I shut the book and snuffed the candle. In a moment the room was flooded with moonlight. Spirit of Beauty, how could you, whose radiance overbrims the sky, stand hidden behind a candle's tiny flame? How could a few vain words from a book rise like a mist, and veil her whose voice has hushed the heart of earth into ineffable calm?

- - Rabindranath Tagore





1 comment:

  1. Hi! While going through Google images, I chanced upon the photo you have there of the park benches. Could you please tell me where this was taken since I believe I have seen this place before? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete